- ¾ cups canned chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tp ground ginger
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes, or 1 dried chili pepper, minced
- 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked white rice, kept hot
- In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add
scallions, garlic and pepper and cook 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook
until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
- Add reserved sauce and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Yields about 1 cup of chicken and sauce and ½ cup of rice per serving.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: http://shrinkingjeans.net