- 2 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Beef Broth Or Bouillon
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1½ cup Extra Sharp White Cheddar Shredded
- 1½ cup Extra Sharp Yellow Cheddar Shredded
- 4 cups Steamed Broccoli Pulsed Into A Meal
- Melt butter in a large stock pot. Add onion and cook slowly until limp. Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutues, stirring. Slowly add the stock, milk and cream, alternating until all are combined. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Stir in the cheese and broccoli (see note below). Keep stirring until the cheese is completely melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- The longer this soup sits, the thicker it gets, until you end up with a soup that won’t fall off a spoon.
Note: to prepare the broccoli, steam until tender and pulse in a food processor until you get a meal-like consistency.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: tastykitchen.com