- 12 ounces fresh spinach.
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese, or low-fat cottage cheese.
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish.
- 2 large eggs, beaten.
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- ¼ teaspoon salt.
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pulse spinach in three batches in a food processor until finely
chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add ricotta (or cottage cheese),
Parmesan, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Coat 8 cups of the muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the spinach mixture among the 8 cups (they will be very full).
- Bake the spinach cakes until set, about 20 minutes. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife and turn out onto a clean cutting board or large plate. Serve warm, sprinkled with more Parmesan, if desired.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: eatingwell.com