- 1 ½ cup(s) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 stick(s) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup(s) sugar
- 1 13-ounce jar chocolate spread
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Lightly grease and
flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan, tapping out any excess flour. In a glass
measuring cup, lightly beat the eggs with the vanilla. In a medium bowl,
whisk the 1 ½ cups of flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the butter with the
sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the
mixer at medium-low speed, gradually beat in the egg mixture until fully
incorporated. Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, beating at low speed
between additions until just incorporated. Continue to beat for 30
- Spread one-third of the batter in the prepared pan, then spread
half of the chocolate spread on top. Repeat with another third of the batter and
the remaining chocolate spread. Top with the remaining batter. Lightly swirl the chocolate spread into the batter with a butter knife. Do not overmix.
- Bake the cake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a wire rack, turn it right side up and let cool completely, about 2 hours. Cut the cake into slices and serve.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: Alexandra Grablewski. Cake Keeper Cakes Published 2009 by the Taunton Press