- 6 chicken thighs or drumsticks (with skin)
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- ½ tsp pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ chopped onion
- ¼ cup green peppers (coursely diced)
- ⅓ cup cooked ham (coursely diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ tsp dried hot chili pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- ⅓ cup white wine (optional)
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes (or use fresh tomatoes)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp pitted green/black olives (diced)
- Wash chicken drumsticks and pad dry with paper towel. Combine flour,
salt and pepper and roll chicken in flour, shake off excess.
- In a large, deep frying pan, heat the olive oil over moderately high
heat. Cook the chicken until browned, turning, about 8 minutes. Remove
the chicken from the pan. Leave about 1 tablespoon fat in the pan.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low. Add onion, garlic, green pepper,
ham, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the green pepper starts to
soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine to the pan and simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken
stock powder, tomatoes, dried hot pepper, basil, parsley, olives and
simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked drumsticks and any accumulated juices. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the remaining parsley to garnish on top.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: keyingredient.com