- 5 medium sized potato, peeled
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Crinkle cut knife
- Oil for frying
- 3 slices bacon
- 28 ounce Crinkle Cut Fries (or you could use a package frozen French fries)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Cut potatoes into ½-inch-wide slices with a crinkle cut knife. (or waffle cutter.)
- Once the potatoes are sliced, take each slice and use the Crinkle Cut Knife to cut into fries.
- Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 4 inches in a Dutch oven, and heat
to 325° F. Fry potato strips, in batches, until lightly golden, but not
brown, 4 to 5 minutes per batch. Drain strips on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400°degrees F. Place a piece of
aluminum foil over a baking sheet; spread fries in a single layer on
baking sheet. Bake the fries in preheated oven until golden brown and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Line a plate with 2 paper towels. Scoop fries onto the plate. Place another paper towel on top of the fries to soak up extra oil. Sprinkle more sea salt if desired)Sprinkle with sea salt if desired, and serve immediately.
Yummi Cheese Fries:
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; crumble.
- Preheat oven to 400°degrees F. Place a piece of aluminum foil over a baking sheet; spread fries in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle fries with cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Broil until cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with Ranch dressing.