For the Cinnamon Roll:
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon (.5 oz) active dry yeast
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
For the Filling:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup loosely chopped pecans
- 2 cups finely chopped tart apples
For the Apple Cider Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon apple cider
- In a small saucepan or a microwave oven, warm milk to about 110 F. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in the milk.
Add salt and two cups of flour and beat for two minutes.
- Beat in eggs and butter.
- Stir in the remaining flour a half cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about five minutes).
- Place the dough in a large bowl and cover it with a towel. Set in a warm place and allow to rise for 40 minutes or until approximately doubled in volume.
- Roll out dough into a long rectangle about 1/4” thick.
- Brush with about half of the melted butter.
- To make the filling, in a medium-sized bowl, mix sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans, and apples.
- Spread the pecan/apple mixture evenly over the dough, leaving about an inch empty on all sides.
- Roll dough over itself from back to front along the long side of the rectangle to form a log. Slice the log into 24 even pieces.
- Line cupcake tins with cupcake liners and place each piece of the log in a cupcake liner. If they don’t fit, fold the ends together to make a “C” shape. The pieces should come to about the top of the liners.
- Cover the cupcake tins and set in a warm place to rise for another 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Evenly distribute the remaining ¼ cup of melted butter over the tops of the cupcakes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix powdered sugar and apple cider until fully combined.
- Drizzle over cupcakes. Enjoy!
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: pauladeen.com