- 1 box Spice Cake mix (18.25 oz.)
- 3 large eggs,
- 1⅓ cups apple cider
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup caramel topping, plus more for drizzling
- 3¾ cups confectioners sugar
- For the cupcakes, preheat oven to 350F. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- Blend cake mix, eggs, cider, and oil in a large bowl at low speed
until moistened. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add batter to
- Bake 18-21 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes and cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
- Cream the butter in the bowl of an electric
or stand mixer. Add the vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon salt, and caramel
syrup and combine well. Begin adding in the sugar and mixing thoroughly
after each addition.
- After all of the sugar has been added and mixed
thoroughly, give it a taste and decide if you want to add in more salt. 1
teaspoon of salt will give it a slight background taste of salt.
Increasing to 1¼ teaspoon of salt if preferred this will add a more distinct (but not
- Frost the cooled cupcakes and drizzle with additional caramel topping.
Photo Credit: sohowsittaste.com