- 4 (4-ounce) chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons prepared honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup crushed pretzels (about 1 1/2 cups pretzels)
- ¼ cup grated Paremsan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons fat free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- The juice of one small lime
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites, vinegar, and honey mustard together until combined. In another shallow bowl, combine pretzels, cheese, and garlic powder.
- Dip chicken strips in egg mixture and then into pretzel mixture, pressing to coat evenly. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken strips.
- Coat the prepared chicken with cooking spray. Bake for 17 minutes, until coating is golden and chicken in cooked through.
- Bring orange juice to a boil in a small sauce pan over
medium high heat. Cooking until reduced to about ¼ cup, about 10
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Whisk in
remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle the sauce on top of the chicken.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: chocolate-broccoli.com