- 1 Spaghetti squash, cut in half and deseeded
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 cup green zucchini, diced
- 1 cup yellow summer squash, diced
- 10 spears of asparagus, diced (bottoms cut off)
- ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil first. Then cut the spaghetti squash in half and take out the seeds. You could save the seeds and make a healthy snack by season and roast them.Transfer the spaghetti squash to the boiling water and boil for about 15 minutes.
- While the spaghetti squash is boiling, sauté onions, shallots, garlic, oregano and parsley in olive oil until the onions become transparent. Add the wine, make sure you hear a sizzle. Add the rest of the vegetables, seasonings and truffle oil and sauté until slightly softened but still firm.
- Once the spaghetti squash is done, take out and scoop the insides with a fork. Do not throw away the shells.
- Sauté the spaghetti squash with the vegetables and add ½ cup marinara and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Sauté for 1 minute and mix in the fresh basil, then transfer to the shells. Pour ¼ of the mixture in the shell lay 2 slices of mozzarella cheese ¼ cup marinara and then add the rest of the mixture to fill to the top, do not overflow the shell. Top with marinara; sprinkle with parmesan cheese and lay 2 more slices of mozzarella cheese then place the shell in a baking dish.
- Repeat process for the second shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has a slightly golden brown color.
- Serve immediately. You can add extra marinara if you prefer your spaghetti squash extra saucy
Note: Serves 4.
Photo Credit: mykitchenventures.com
Source : mykitchenventures.com/2013/10/18/spaghetti-squash-bake/