- 300 gr. pasta
- 50 gr. butter
- 50 gr. plain flour
- 500 ml. milk
- Black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 100 gr. cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 40 gr. fresh spinach
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, melt
the butter in a saucepan, and add the flour. Mix well to form a paste,
and cook over a low heat for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
Then add the milk around 50-100ml at a time, stirring well to form a
smooth sauce each time before adding more. Season with salt, black
pepper and a generous pinch of nutmeg. Add the grated cheese, and cook
for a couple more minutes until it has melted.
- Place the spinach, basil and parsley in a food processor, and blitz until well chopped. Add this to the white sauce along with the cooked and drained pasta. Serve immediately.
Note : Serves 3.
Photo Credit: amuse-your-bouche.com
Source : www.amuse-your-bouche.com/pesto-macaroni-cheese/