- 1 (8-ounce) package Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 (13-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⅓ cups shredded coconut
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell (you’ll need a deep-dish)
- whipped cream or ice cream (optional, but this is so rich, you’ll need it)
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over medium heat.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, coconut, eggs and sugar. Stir until blended.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell (I used a frozen one, and the filling came all the way up to the top!)
- Set pie on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 400 deg oven for 30 -40min.
- Cool or serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or ice-cream.
- Store in refrigerator.
Note: Serves 12.
Photo Credit: easybaked.net