- 4 oz baby spinach
- 1 tangelo, reserving 3 slices
- 1 haas avocados, diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/3 cup dry)
- 1½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- salt and pepper to taste
- tangelo juice from 3 reserved slices
- Rinse quinoa well under cold water and cook according to package directions. Drain and let it cool.
- Peel the skin and white membrane off the tangleo and separate the pieces.Reserve three tangelo slices for the vinaigrette and squeeze the juice; set aside. Cut up the remaining tangelo slices into small pieces for the salad.
- In a medium bowl whisk the olive oil, tangelo juice (from 3 slices of tangelo), vinegar, chopped shallots, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl toss spinach, quinoa, avocado, tangelo and vinaigrette.
Makes 4 servings.
Photo Credit: skinnytaste.com