- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (14 ¾ - 16 - ounce) can cream-style corn
- 4 ounces American cheese, shredded (1 cup) or 4 ounces pasteurized prepared cheese product, finely cut up
- ⅔ cup milk
- 10 saltine crackers, coarsely crushed (⅓ cup)
- ½ (4 - ounce) can diced green chile peppers, drained (3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large bowl, stir together eggs, corn, cheese, milk, crushed crackers, chile peppers, sugar, salt and black pepper.
a greased 1-½-quart au gratin or shallow baking dish. Bake,
uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the
center appears set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Note: Makes 6 servings.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: midwestliving.com