- 2 lb. baking potatoes (about 6), peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ lb. (4 oz.) Velveeta cheese, cut into 24 cubes (or cheddar cheese)
- 1 pkt. Shake 'N Bake Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix (or bread crumbs)
- 1½ cups Taco Bell Thick & Chunky Salsa (or Taco salsa)
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water in large saucepan 15 to 20 min. or until tender; drain. Cool 10 min. Mash potatoes until smooth. Add onions, egg and pepper; mix just until blended.
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Empty coating mix into pie plate. Roll potato mixture into 24 balls, using about 2 Tbsp. for each. Insert 1 Velveeta cheese cube into center of each ball, completely enclosing Velveeta cheese. Add to coating mix; turn to evenly coated. Place on rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 14 to 16 min. or until heated through. Serve with salsa.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: kraftrecipes.com