- ½ cup smoked shredded cheese (provolone or gouda)
- 8-oz package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomato flakes (drain first if in oil)
- ⅓ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup sour cream (6 oz)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 small onion, cut in half and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 24 fl oz Marsala wine
- 8 fl oz heavy cream
- 2 small containers button mushrooms, thinly sliced (6 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 fl oz olive oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all cheese stuffing ingredients in a mixing bowl.
thickest section of chicken breasts to create 2 lobes. Pound each
breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until ¼” - ½” thick.
flattened chicken breasts on a plate and place desired amount of
stuffing on one lobe of each chicken breast. Gently press stuffing down
so it resembles a hockey puck.
- Fold over other lobe of chicken breast; does not have to seal.
- Heat large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and heat until shimmering.
- Place flour in a shallow pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dredge stuffed chicken breasts in flour, shaking off excess.
- Saute chicken breasts with preheated oil, cooking until each side is golden brown.
- Remove chicken from pan and place in a baking dish.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, or until juices run clean and center of chicken reaches 165°F.
onions to sauté pan, and stir to loosen chicken drippings. After 2
minutes, add mushrooms and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Deglaze pan with Marsala wine – make sure to incorporate drippings from bottom of pan.
- Heat wine to a simmer and add heavy cream. Simmer on low heat until reduced by half.
- Place cooked chicken breasts on a plate and top each with onions, mushrooms and sauce.
- Serve with your favorite garlic mashed potato recipe.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: olivegarden.com