- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce (or omit and use ½ cup oil)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I use fat free), at room temperature
- 1 ½ cup peaches – peeled, diced, and tossed in 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8 ½” x 4 ½” loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar and oil until well combined. Add in the eggs, vanilla, applesauce, and yogurt and mix thoroughly. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Fold the peaches into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. If the bread appears to be browning too quickly before the center is fully baked, lightly tent it with foil. Cool the bread before slicing.
Photo Credit: chezcateylou.com