- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 (1-inch) slices day-old/stale cuban bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar and maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt.
- Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet.
- Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak for 20 seconds on each side, and then place in skillet.
- Cook 2 slices of bread at a time in the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with all 8 slices.
- Serve immediately with powdered sugar and/or maple syrup.
Photo Credit: thenovicechefblog.com