- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1½ cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- dash of salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 manicotti shells, uncooked
- 2¼ ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 24 ounces pasta sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta cheese, salt, and pepper. Pour 1 cup of the sauce and ¼ cup water into an 9-inch square baking pan. Spread to make an even layer.
- With a teaspoon, stuff each shell with an equal amount of the cheese mixture and place into baking pan. Pour the remaining tomato sauce evenly over the top. Cover with foil and bake until the shells are tender, about 50 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake about 10 more minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: simmerandshoot.com