- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1 ¼-lb. lobsters, cleaned, tails cut into 6 pieces, claws cracked open, bodies reserved
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup cognac or brandy
- 1 cup seafood or fish stock
- 1 28-oz. can whole peeled tomatoes in juice, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. bucatini pasta, cooked
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Heat oil in an 8-qt. Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Toss lobster
pieces (including reserved bodies) in flour, shake off excess, and add
to pot; cook until shells turn red, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer lobster
pieces to a plate; set aside.
- Add chile flakes, oregano, and garlic to
pot; cook until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Add tomato paste; cook
until lightly caramelized, about 2 minutes. Add cognac; cook until
almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add stock, tomatoes, and bay leaf;
boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, partially covered, until
thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Return lobster to pot; cook until cooked
through, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add pasta; toss with sauce. Transfer to a large serving platter; sprinkle with parsley.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details