- 1 package cake mix, chocolate
- 1 package strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1 package pudding, chocolate
- Fresh mint sprigs,optional but awesome
- Prepare cupcakes according to package and let cool. Using a paring
knife, core out a well down into each cupcake, for your strawberry to
fit into. Prepare your pudding according to the package. Let set until
nice and pudding-y (solid - wet gloopy pudding will ruin the cupcakes,
so don't be in a rush, let the pudding firm up!).
- Stick the strawberry pointy side down into your cupcakes. Take the
piece of the cupcake that you cut out, and place it on top of the
strawberry, after you push it down into the cupcake.
- Top liberally with pudding in leu of frosting.
- Add a sprig of mint if you like. I think it adds a certain
something, and my neighbor had some growing in her kitchen and
shared, but don’t go out and buy some.
- I cut each cutcake in half and set it on a plate, because presentation is everything with these suckers. They are delicious and super easy!
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: instructables.com