- 8 oz dry fettuccine
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ½ lb smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- ½ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine, and cook for 11 to 13 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, and blend with milk. Mix in the flour to thicken. Gradually stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Crumble salmon into the butter mixture. Stir in the spinach, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, and oregano. Cook and stir about 3 minutes, until heated through. Serve over the cooked pasta.
Note: Makes 4 servings.
Photo Credit: allrecipes.com