- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 4 teaspoons jerk seasoning
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 red onions , sliced
- small bunch coriander , stalks finely chopped, leaves reserved
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 410g can kidney beans , drained
- Toss chicken in teaspoon jerk seasoning and a little salt and pepper. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, quickly brown the chicken, then remove.
- Tip in the remaining oil, onions and coriander stalks, then soften for 5 mins, stirring in the remaining jerk seasoning for the final min.
- Return the drumsticks to the pan, pour over the tomatoes, then bring to a simmer. Cover, then cook for 20 mins.
- Remove the lid, stir in the beans, then cook for 10 mins more. Scatter with coriander and serve with rice.
Note: Serves 4.
Photo Credit: caribbean-cooking-recipes.com