- 3 medium russet potatoes, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion or shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup parmesan, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme (fresh), chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix the garlic, onion or shallot, half and half, ½ cup parmesan, salt, pepper and thyme in a bowl and set aside.
- Stack about 7-8 potato slices into each muffin tin. The number of slices will vary depending on the thickness of the cut. Stack them tightly but not any higher than the muffin tin itself.
- Pour the half and half mixture over the potato slices, being careful not to overfill. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese over each muffin tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the cheese is golden brown, and the liquid has absorbed into the potatoes. I would suggest putting a pan underneath just in case of dripping.
Note: Serves 4.
Photo Credit: basil-albi.blogspot.ru