- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples (about 3 large)
- Streusel Topping
- Caramel Sauce
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add apples; sauté 5 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat; cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, prepare Streusel Topping and Caramel Sauce. Reserve ½ cup Caramel Sauce for another use.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured shiny 9-inch spring-form pan; top with apples. Drizzle with ½ cup Caramel Sauce; sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning; bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. (A wooden pick will not come out clean.) Cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes; remove sides of pan. Cool completely on wire rack (about 1½ hours). Drizzle with ½ cup Caramel Sauce.
Note : Serves 8
Photo Credit: myrecipes.com
Source : http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/caramel-apple-coffee-cake-50400000123170/