- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1¾ cups water
- salt to taste
- fresh cilantro to taste (or about ½ cup loosely packed)
- 1 pad of butter
- 2-3 tsps olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- Add rice, salt and water to a rice cooker and cook. You can likewise do this in a pot. Add the pad of butter to the hot rice, mixing and fluffing with a fork.
- In a blender, food processor, or by hand blend/chop cilantro with the grated garlic and oil until finely minced. If doing this in a food processor , you might need to stop and clean the sides a few times.
- Add to fluffed up rice. Mix to evenly incorporate. Add lime juice and mix to combine.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: homecookinginmontana.blogspot.com