- 4-6 cleaned, trimmed artichokes (stem included-optional)
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 small red chilli finely sliced
- 1 handful of parsley finely chopped
- olive oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked “al dente” spaghetti
- Blanch your cleaned artichokes in some boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up some olive oil in a pan on medium heat and once it’s heated add your artichokes. Fry on both sides for a few minutes ensuring they do not burn.
- Add your garlic and chilli and give everything a good toss and stir. Season accordingly with salt and pepper.
- Add the spaghetti and toss everything together. If the mixture becomes a little dry add some more olive oil and a little pasta water to loosen it up a little.
- Plate the spaghetti with the artichokes and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Photo Credit: souvlakiforthesoul.com