- 18 ounces of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (1½ bags)
- 3 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup of regular butter (2 sticks) Do not use margarine!
- 1 can (13 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows or 20 large marshmallows, cut up
- 4 cups granulated sugar (no substitutes!)
- 2 teas. vanilla extract
- Put your marshmallows, chips, butter and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a heavy pot, add the sugar and milk and bring to a boil over a medium flame.
- Bring this to a rolling boil and cook for exactly eight (8) minutes.
- Pour the milk and sugar over the marshmallows, chips, butter and vanilla and let it all sit for a minute.
- Start stirring with a wooden spoon until the marshmallows have melted and add the nuts and stir until the fudge is smooth.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan or a 15x13 sheet pan. (Or you could use a 9x13 disposable aluminium pan.)
- Cover your pan with aluminum foil. (You do not have to butter your pan before pouring your fudge into it. )
- Let fudge rest and cure overnight or for at least several hours until firm to the touch.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: grouprecipes.com