- 2 loaf(s) (about 18 inches each) ficelle
- ¼ cup(s) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon(s) coarse black pepper
- ¾ pound(s) Virginia ham, sliced
- 3 large avocados, peeled and sliced
- Cut each ficelle loaf into 3 equal pieces, and split each horizontally along one side, leaving the other side intact. Open the pieces so they lie flat.
- Stir the butter, mustard, and pepper together until smooth, and spread on both sides of the bread. Layer with the ham and avocado, and sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Wrap the sandwiches with parchment, and tie with a string to secure. Keep chilled and serve within 3 hours.
Click here for Original Recipe and more Details
Photo Credit: Tina Rupp